Tuesday, November 22, 2005

a few quotes

I love quotes. Simply because, sometimes, they sum up the gist of life so perfectly. Here are a few of them.

"I hate writing. I love having written." - Dorothy Parker

"Insan yaşlanır, sonu yaklaşır, her an gitgide kıymetlenir ve anılarla kaybedecek zaman yoktur." - Milan Kundera / Bilmemek

"Sevgi, bir kişinin bir başka kişinin varlığına gösterdiği saygı ve hassasiyettir." - Alain de Botton / Statü Endişesi

"..insan eğer mutlu bir yaşam sürmek istiyorsa işverenine bel bağlamayı bir kenara koymalı, kendi hızına göre ve kendi mutluluğu için, kısacası kendisi için çalışmalıydı." - Alain de Botton / Statü Endişesi

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

My fav so far:

"Fucking up is part of it man. If you can't fail, them, um, I guess you always have to win. And I don't think you can always win." - Elliott Smith

All this has been gathered after a looooongish morning session of what will I do's, what can I do's, what should I do's. Along with a mug of coffee and a cigarette. And some Coldplay. Maybe putting on a little lipstick will do. Crossing the bridge. Making it to my tutorial session in a cafe in Taksim. Preparing for my two speeches tomorrow on Turkish economy. And my sim class. Cleaning the house, or maybe not. I start with the lipstick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home